On the occasion of the centennial celebrations for Finland and Estonia, the Finnish-Estonian Trade Association / Helsinki and Finnish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce / Tallinn organized a seminar in Tallinn on November 1, 2017.
History, Finland-Estonia relations and effective ways to collaborate across the Finnish Gulf were discussed during the seminar. Themes were mirrored to the thriving Øresund Region with its “twin cities” Malmö and Copenhagen and lessons to be learnt from there.
- H.E. Mrs Kirsti Narinen, Finnish Embassy in Tallinn
- Mr. Jaak Aaviksoo, Rector, Tallinn University of Technology TTÜ
- Mr. Seppo Zetterberg, PhD.
- Ms. Marja Nykänen, Member of the Board, Bank of Finland
- Mr. Peeter Luikmel, Economist, Eesti Pank
- Ms. Yoko Alander, Member of the Riigikogu
- Mr. Anders Olshov, Director and Founder Intelligence Watch think tank
Company viewpoint to the discussion was brought during panel discussion ”Twin cities – the Business perspective?” with panelists Mr. Joakim Helenius, Founder and Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Trigon Capital; Mr. Anders Olshov, Intelligence Watch; Mr. Margus Schults, CEO, TallinkSilja Oy and Mr. Sami Seppänen, Country Manager and CEO, Elisa.
The seminar was moderated to the two Chairs: Ms. Lenina Rautonen, Finnish-Estonian Trade Association and Mr. Mika Sucksdorff, Finnish-Estonian Chamber of Commerce.